Minutes of the GNOME Board meeting December 18 2001 =================================================== Presents: ========= Havoc Pennington (chairing) James Henstridge Daniel Veillard (minutes) Jody Goldberg Telsa Gwynne Federico Mena Miguel de Icaza Jonathan Blandford Jim Gettys Tim Ney Nat Friedman George Lebl (0:15) Decisions: ========== Actions done: ============= ACTION: Havoc to write a paragraph on what GNOME-2 release is expected to be => Done, but some discussions with the Release and Marketing team needed, action taken by Tim Actions: ======== ACTION: Tim to get the membership logos on the foundation page => in progress still waiting for some permissions ACTION: Tim, John and Havoc to get a draft statement on the relation with the free software and license policy. => Tim and Havoc will do this ACTION: Tim to work on the Trademark registration for "GNOME" and the foot. => in progress, the lawyers are working on this ACTION: Jim to restart the font discussions with various parties => in progress ACTION: Nat to solve the arrangement for the teleconferences => no answer from John, pending ACTION: Nat and Jonathan talk to gnome-sysadmin about adding ssh tunneling for GNOME CVS access => A description has been sent, waiting for a reply New Actions: ============ ACTION: Tim to organize a call with Nat, Tim, Leslie and Jeff Waugh to finalize the description. Discussion: =========== - approve last meeting minutes: The people present on the last board meeting think they are accurate. http://mail.gnome.org/archives/foundation-announce/2001-December/msg00001.html - GUADEC3: A subgroup from the Team with Tim, Miguel, Daniel and Dan will help on the organization of GUADEC3 A basic web site is being built. They already have GNOME tutorials ready in Spanish. The subgroup will try to arrange the Advisory Board meeting at the same time. 3 axis should be selected as the Conference main topics, the board grew up a preliminary list of candidates: - The GNOME 2.x platform - API stabilization - Documentation - The next big step after GNOME-2.0 - Interoperability between apps - Consistency - Next call Thurday the 3rd January 4pm GMT Daniel -- Daniel Veillard | Red Hat Network https://rhn.redhat.com/ email@example.com | libxml Gnome XML XSLT toolkit http://xmlsoft.org/ http://veillard.com/ | Rpmfind RPM search engine http://rpmfind.net/ _______________________________________________ foundation-list mailing list firstname.lastname@example.org http://mail.gnome.org/mailman/listinfo/foundation-list
December 20, 2001
Minutes of the GNOME board meeting December 18 2001
Author: JT Smith
"Havoc to write a paragraph on what GNOME-2 release is expected to be."
- Open Source