Minutes of the GNOME Board meeting February 12 2002 =================================================== Presents: ========= Havoc Pennington (chair) Telsa Gwynne George Lebl Federico Mena Daniel Veillard (minutes) (:10) Tim Ney Jonathan Blandford Jody Goldberg James Henstridge Miguel de Icaza (:30) Leslie Proctor (:30) Regrets: ======== Nat Friedman Missing: ======== Jim Gettys (flummoxed by thinking the half hour time change was the other way) Decisions: ========== - Invite KDE, OpenOffice and printing community representatives for GUADEC3 - Confirm the Advisory Board meeting the day before GUADEC April 3 Seville Actions done: ============= ACTION: Miguel to anmounce Guadec3 to the Gnome community. => Done ACTION: Jody collect a list of communities we should contact to get them at GUADEC3 => Done Actions: ======== ACTION: Tim, John and Havoc to get a draft statement on the relation with the free software foundation and license policy. => Tim and Havoc have started, pending ACTION: Jim to restart the font discussions with various parties => meeting scheduled this week with some of the font, in progress ACTION: Nat and Jonathan talk to gnome-sysadmin about adding ssh tunneling for GNOME CVS access => A description has been sent, waiting for a reply, other work need to be done, postponed after Gnome-2 ACTION: Nat to talk to Havoc to get a discussion about rules w.r.t. backward compatibility rules in the 2.x time. => pending New Actions: ============ ACTION: Tim and Miguel check for logistic and policy of funding people travels and accomodations. ACTION: Havoc draft the agenda of the Advisory Board meeting ACTION: Jody and Leslie to find possble presentators from KDE, StarOffice and CUPS. Discussion: =========== - approve last meeting minutes: http://mail.gnome.org/archives/foundation-announce/2002-January/msg00002.html - GUADEC3: We need answers on at least 2 item urgently: - what is the status of the paper selection process - can we get registration started with a check_button indicating if the person registering need help with travel expenses. Both are needed to schedule travels and booking tickets earlier allows to get significantly cheaper flights tickets. The Advisory Board meeting is confirmed to take place the day before. We need an agenda for that day. We should have talks from at least OpenOffice, KDE and printing (CUPS). We need to identify speakers ASAP to handle travel. - Leslie Proctor joined to talk about PR issues: When something is potentially "breaking the news", we should coordinate before doing the publication. Drafting a plan for the release of 2.0 Deadlines for Ottawa and OReilly conferences are this month people are reminded to send proposals in time. Daniel -- Daniel Veillard | Red Hat Network https://rhn.redhat.com/ firstname.lastname@example.org | libxml Gnome XML XSLT toolkit http://xmlsoft.org/ http://veillard.com/ | Rpmfind RPM search engine http://rpmfind.net/
February 15, 2002
Minutes of the GNOME Board meeting February 12 2002
Author: JT Smith
"Invite KDE, OpenOffice and printing community representatives for GUADEC3l..."
- Open Source