with the free software foundation and license policy."
Minutes of the GNOME Board meeting January 3 2002 ================================================= Presents: ========= Havoc Pennington (chairing) James Henstridge Daniel Veillard (minutes) Jody Goldberg George Lebl Telsa Gwynne Jim Gettys Tim Ney Nat Friedman Jonathan Blandford Federico Mena Miguel de Icaza (0:20) Decisions: ========== - Happy New Year to everybody - switching back to a telconf every two weeks, no telconf next week. Actions done: ============= ACTION: Tim to get the membership logos on the foundation page => We will publish the logos we have agreement to put on-line at this time ACTION: Tim to work on the Trademark registration for "GNOME" and the foot. => Done, the application had been filed. it may take some time before we get the final decision. ACTION: Tim to organize a call with Nat, Tim, Leslie and Jeff Waugh to finalize the description of the 2.0 release => Done, got a consensus on the call. The result should be propagated back to the board and the foundation at large soon. ACTION: Nat to solve the arrangement for the teleconferences => Resolved by trying to find alternate way, trying to round robbin between multiple hosts Actions: ======== ACTION: Tim, John and Havoc to get a draft statement on the relation with the free software foundation and license policy. => Tim and Havoc have started, pending ACTION: Jim to restart the font discussions with various parties => pending ACTION: Nat and Jonathan talk to gnome-sysadmin about adding ssh tunneling for GNOME CVS access => A description has been sent, waiting for a reply, other work need to be done, pending. New Actions: ============ ACTION: Tim to get the membership logos on the foundation page ACTION: Jonathan and Jim will look at Red Hat and Compaq to find if they can host phone meetings ACTION: Tim to grant provision to get a screenshot of our home page to a printing company which requested it ACTION: Havoc to update the main page www.gnome.org, we need a link to the Gnome-2 effort and need some cleanup. ACTION: Jonathan to draft a possible official answer to the Uk Gov Talk request for comment on the use of open source software within the UK government. Discussion: =========== - approve last meeting minutes: http://mail.gnome.org/archives/foundation-announce/2001-December/msg00005.html - Conference call. Trying to find more possibilities for hosting the teleconference. Jonathan and Jim will check - GNOME 2 release naming. after call with the promotion group it seems there is consensus on using "GNOME 2.0 Development Platform and Desktop" - GNOME naming/definition in general and for the release We had some comments on the content of the release modules. The member of the Board also on the Release team will transmit those comments for discussion at their meeting tomorrow. - GUADEC3: The web site is on the work it's not on-line yet needing some graphics, they are back at work after the hollidays. There will be an on-line submission for papers and presentations, possibly within a week, and a possible deadline at the end of the month. We expect to have the travel informations up on-line as fast as possible so that people can make the needed travel arrangements. - GNOME2: There is progresses at the technical level. Trying now to get weekly updates and there is contacts for all the modules. There is a revised schedule on the Web site. Daniel -- Daniel Veillard | Red Hat Network https://rhn.redhat.com/ firstname.lastname@example.org | libxml Gnome XML XSLT toolkit http://xmlsoft.org/ http://veillard.com/ | Rpmfind RPM search engine http://rpmfind.net/