By-laws as reviewed at the board of directors meeting on March 26th,
2002, pending the reception of couple of votes from Board members
this should be effective by GUADEC time."
Minutes of the GNOME Board meeting Mar 26 2002 ============================================== Presents: ========= Nat Friedman (chair) George Lebl Jody Goldberg James Henstridge Daniel Veillard (minutes) Jonathan Blandford Havoc Pennington Jim Gettys Tim Ney Telsa Gwynne Federico Mena Missing: ======== Miguel de Icaza Decisions: ========== - Decided the GNOME Foundation, Inc. ratify and adopt the set of By-laws as reviewed at the board of directors meeting on March 26th, 2002, pending the reception of couple of votes from Board members this should be effective by GUADEC time. Actions done: ============= ACTION: Tim and Miguel check for logistic and policy of funding people travels and accomodations. => Except for a couple of people it is done. ACTION: Jody and Leslie to find possble presentators from KDE, StarOffice and CUPS. => Sander proposed someone for OO, looking for KDE people and no answer from CUPS people, it's late now. It seems dicfficult to do more at this point Actions ======= ACTION: Tim, John and Havoc to get a draft statement on the relation with the Free Software Foundation and license policy. => Still pending. We expect to discuss that at GUADEC ACTION: Jim to restart the font discussions with various parties => Jim is pursusing the issue with Keith Packard and related parties. Ongoing, we expected discussion about this at GUADEC. ACTION: Nat and Jonathan talk to gnome-sysadmin about adding ssh tunneling for GNOME CVS access => This has been postponed until after GNOME 2. ACTION: Havoc, Jody, Nat volunteer for working on producing a first draft of ABI rules for GNOME-2 releases, get involvment from someone at Sun, and make sure the draft get some review. => underway, New Actions: ============ Discussion: =========== - approve last meeting minutes: http://mail.gnome.org/archives/foundation-announce/2002-March/msg00001.html - GUADEC It seems there are 300+ person registered once duplicate are removed. Preparing the Advisory Board meeting, discussng the expected format of this day long meeting. We expect the Advisory Board members to provide us with some data and bring expectations w.r.t the future directions. Havoc will chair the meeting, and prepare an overview presentation. - Foundation bylaws. They have been updated based on the feedback last meeting discussions: "Committees can be made up of people not on the board" has been reflected in the text. Bylaws amendments will have to be posted on the web site for 3 weeks, member will have a way (electronic communication) to raise objection, if less than 5% of the membership object, the amendment will be approved. After discussion with the lawyers, it appears that the Foundation can actually held Copyright for code. A spouse or family member would not be considered an affiliated person for purposes of restrictions on the number of directors from any one company who may serve on the board at any one time. We expect to have the bylaws approved by the board before GUADEC [Editor Note: the Board decided to go through a mail vote process and apparently no objection was raised as of today Saturday 30 Mar 2002 so it seems the new By-laws will effectively be approved by then ] We hope to see most of the GNOME community at GUADEC next week ! http://www.guadec.org/ Daniel