December 4, 2001

Minutes of the GNOME Board meeting November 27 2001

Author: JT Smith

"This was the last meeting of the board in its actual shape
We shared a virtual cake over the phone at the end of the meeting
The new board is expected to meet in two week same time."Subject:
Minutes of the GNOME Board meeting November 27 2001
Date:
Tue, 4 Dec 2001 04:46:23 -0500
From:
Daniel Veillard
To:
foundation-announce@gnome.org
CC:
foundation-list@gnome.org




[ Sorry for the delay I forgot to post this last Friday, Daniel ]

          Minutes of the GNOME Board meeting November 27 2001
          ===================================================


Presents:
=========

    Havoc Pennington (chairing)
    Daniel Veillard  (minutes)
    Tim Ney          (director)
    Jim Gettys
    Dan Mueth
    John Heard        
    Owen Taylor
    Federico         (0:30)


Regrets:
========
    Miguel de Icaza  
    Bart Decrem

Missing:
========
    Raph Levien
    Maciej Stachowiak 


Decisions:
==========

   - This was the last meeting of the board in its actual shape
     We shared a virtual cake over the phone at the end of the meeting
     The new board is expected to meet in two week same time.
   - Trying to secure GUADEC 3 date and location, we need this as soon
     as possible.


Action Done:
============



Actions:
========

  ACTION: Tim to get the membership logos on the foundation page
     => in progress, Dan is helping
        

  ACTION: Tim, John and Havoc to get a draft statement on the relation
          with the free software and license policy.
     => in progress

  ACTION: Tim to work on the Trademark registration for "GNOME" and the foot.
     => we have completed the Trademark search, only low/moderate risks
        were detected so we can move forward on the next steps


New Actions:
============

  ACTION: Tim to organize a confcall with the Guadec 3 organizers in Spain
          Dan and Havoc will join the call

  ACTION: Jim to restart the font discussions with IBM

Discussion:
===========

 - approve last meeting minutes:
   http://mail.gnome.org/archives/foundation-announce/2001-November/msg00036.html

 - Guadec 3:
   Looking from last year practice, it's a huge amount of work to
   organize, we started 2 month in advance last year and it was too late
   We need a firm date and facility, we are getting sponsors interested but
   we need an hard deadline to move forward.
   We need to ask more directly possible speakers whether they intend
   to give a speach, and who expects to talk.
   Madrid or Sevilla are two candidate places.

 - Font searches:
   Not much progress during Jim's surgery, but Jim will restart work on it.

 - Update on incorporation
   The work is carried on by the lawyers.

 - Update on GNOME 2
   Seems to make progresses with the new releases of Gtk2 and gnome-libs.

Daniel

Category:

  • Open Source
Click Here!