for the GNOME Foundation. => Still pending. Waiting on RMS to send material."
Minutes of the GF Board Meeting (July 24, 2001) Date: Thu, 26 Jul 2001 14:08:36 -0500 (CDT) From: Dan Mueth To: Cc: Minutes of the GNOME Foundation Board Meeting (July 24, 2001) ============================================================= Presents: ========= Havoc Pennington (chair) Federico Mena Quintero John Heard Dan Mueth (minutes) Raph Levien Owen Taylor Martin [joined as guest from :15 to :35] Regrets: ======== Miguel de Icaza Bart Decrem Jim Gettys Daniel Veillard Missing: ======== Maciej Stachowiak Decisions: ========== Finshed Actions: ================ ACTION: Havoc to invite Sander and Martin to Board Meeting => DONE Actions: ======== ACTION: Dan to work with Membership Committee to re-open the membership list. => Almost done. Still need to send out announcements. ACTION: Havoc to send the Advisory Board list to the Board, looking for completion of the member liason. => Waiting for update from the director. ACTION: John to try to get a copyright assignment form and procedure for the GNOME Foundation. => Still pending. Waiting on RMS to send material. ACTION: Maciej to email the Board the current draft of the platform license policy for review. => Still pending. ACTION: Federico to post the new version of the email/CVS/shell account policy. => Still pending. New Actions: ============ ACTION: Havoc to email Sander to see if he has a suggestion for a replacement release coordinator. ACTION: Martin to write up a list of API issues and status report for GNOME 2.0. ACTION: Havoc to push through employment agreement for executive director. ACTION: Havoc to email Leila about press release changes and status. ACTION: Havoc, Owen, and John to discuss a possible accessibility kit release with the accessibility team. Discussion: =========== - approved last week's minutes and actions - GNOME 2.0 coordinators: Martin is stepping down as GNOME 2.0 coordinator because school is starting to demand a lot more of his time. He wants to still work on GNOME 2.0, but doesn't feel that he will have enough free time to do as much coordination as this role requires. Martin will hack until Sept 15 and then have vacation. - GNOME 2.0 status: Most API's should freeze in 1 week. Development is picking up. We should encourage people to start porting packages and testing the platform. Parallel builds aren't completely working yet with the vicious build scripts. - Executive director: We have a draft employment agreement which we need to finalize and then sign. As soon as we do this, we will make a formal announcement. - Accessibility Press Release: We want to gain the attention of people in the accessibility world, and make them aware that we are working on an accessibility framework they will be able to use in the future. We want to emphasize that things are still in a development state. There is a concern that we don't want to have a press release for unstable software which is only in CVS. It would be better if we could release a development kit with a couple demo applications. Havoc, Owen, and John will discuss the possible development kit with the accessibility team.