"Once 2.0 comes out, we are not abandoning 1.4. We have
volunteers who want to maintain it, so they are welcome to."
Present: Jon Blandford Nat Friedman Jody Goldberg Telsa Gwynne (minutes) James Henstridge Miguel de Icaza George Lebl Federico Mena Havoc Pennington Regrets: Jim Gettys Daniel Veillard Tim Ney (in Brazil giving seminar to government employees following GNOME presentation with Ismael Olea Gonzalez at the Free Software Forum) Decisions: * Once 2.0 comes out, we are not abandoning 1.4. We have volunteers who want to maintain it, so they are welcome to. Actions: ACTION: Jim to restart the font discussions with various parties => Jim is not here, but sent an update via email. ACTION: Nat and Jonathan talk to gnome-sysadmin about adding ssh tunneling for GNOME CVS access => This has been postponed until after GNOME 2. ACTION: Havoc, Jody, Nat volunteer for working on producing a first draft of ABI rules for GNOME-2 releases, get involvment from someone at Sun, and make sure the draft get some review. => Pending ACTION: Tim and Jim looking at structuring tutorials => Neither are here, so no update. ACTION: Tim to draft a description of what the money raised would be used for. => Tim not here, so no update. ACTION: Jrb and Nat will work on the Gnome-2.2 Hack Fest announce => Still setting it up. NEW: Nat to write up his notes from the 2.x discussion and send then out. Discussion: * approved last meeting minutes: http://mail.gnome.org/archives/foundation-announce/2002-April/msg00002.html * Older GNOME release support Wayne Schuller wanted clarification on support for older releases of GNOME: http://mail.gnome.org/archives/foundation-list/2002-May/msg00000.html Yes, we think 1.4 should be supported. * Post-2.0 roadmap: - Past experience suggests we're much better as a group at concentrating on one branch. We either have all but two people working on the stable stuff, or all but two people working on HEAD. - But we would like regular (monthly) snapshots from CVS stable branch (ie HEAD) in the manner in which Jeff Waugh is doing 2.0 snapshots. It should always be reasonably usable. Without leaving the stable branch to fester. Much discussion on reconciling the two. Nat to write it up (see action items) * Boston event - status, etc. Nat has not yet been able to confirm the rooms and dates for certain, but pressing on. Telsa _______________________________________________ foundation-list mailing list firstname.lastname@example.org http://mail.gnome.org/mailman/listinfo/foundation-list