We have long needed -- and lacked -- a vector graphics image for
printing. Tuomas and Jakub have been working on a version of this.
It's turned out much more stylised than our current one. Should it
be used for GNOME 2? Post to g-h about it. "
Minutes of GNOME Foundation Board meeting, 21 May 2002 Present Not here Jon Blandford George Lebl Nat Friedman Jim Gettys Jody Goldberg Telsa Gwynne (minutes) James Henstridge Miguel de Icaza Tim Ney Federico Mena Havoc Pennington Daniel Veillard (missed first 10 minutes) Completed actions: DONE: Tim to draft a description of what the money raised would be used for. => See discussions. Actions: ACTION: Jim to restart the font discussions with various parties => This is still continuing. Jim is cautiously optimistic. ACTION: Nat and Jonathan talk to gnome-sysadmin about adding ssh tunneling for GNOME CVS access => This has been postponed until after GNOME 2.0 => See discussions. ACTION: Havoc, Jody, Nat volunteer for working on producing a first draft of ABI rules for GNOME-2 releases, get involvment from someone at Sun, and make sure the draft get some review. => Still pending ACTION: Tim and Jim looking at structuring tutorials => Have begun discussing this via email. ACTION: Jrb and Nat will work on the Gnome-2.2 Hack Fest announce => Nat will send Jon details; Jon will put up webpage todau. ACTION: Nat to write up his notes from the 2.x discussion and send then out. => Mostly done, will send it out imminently. NEW: Telsa to come up with description for foundation-list; Daniel to add it. Discussions: * the ssh tunnelling action item: Whilst this is going on, it is probably a good idea to think about clarifying copyright and licences and so on as Mozilla do: the idea is to ensure that people don't check in stuff that's not theirs to check in: http://www.mozilla.org/hacking/form.html * Fund-raising: Tim has circulated a draft background paper on GF funding; Steve Fox has done a draft "friends of gnome" webpage. We have submitted a "501(c)3 application" to the US IRS: this would give us tax-exempt status in the US. Once it is granted, it is retroactive, too. * GNOME 2.x branching plans: Nat outlined his proposals at the last meeting but has not sent his write-up out yet. * Boston event: There are now five rooms reserved at MIT from 17th to 20th of July 2002 for the event. Housing is not yet settled. This is the 2.2 planning session and aimed very much at people contributing to GNOME rather than being a end user event. Jon is going to put up a page about it, using information Nat is going to send him. * GNOME logo: We have long needed -- and lacked -- a vector graphics image for printing. Tuomas and Jakub have been working on a version of this. It's turned out much more stylised than our current one. Should it be used for GNOME 2? Post to g-h about it. * List description for foundation-list: Such a description is needed. Telsa to write; Daniel to do the mailman admin stuff to put it there. * Mechanism for board-funded conference calls for dispute resolution: Nice idea, but there's no budget for it atm. The Foundation doesn't fund the board or release team meetings either. If it happened, we might need to ask for minutes of the calls, but it can't happen yet. * Weekly status reports for module maintainers: In the run-up to GNOME 2, the GNOME 2 release team have been encouraging this as part of the weekly snapshot releases. The results have been useful. Should this be a requirement? Discussion about feasibility, tiresome-ness of doing it, time intervals: no decision made though. Telsa