Robert Demmer writes "The NetBeans Profiler team is proud to announce the availability of the Profiler Milestone 8 release for NetBeans 4.1.
The NetBeans Profiler is an add-on to NetBeans IDE adding a full-featured CPU, memory and threads profiling capabilities, tightly integrated into the IDE work flow.
Visit http://profiler.netbeans.org to download or get more information.
- Support for JDK 1.4.2, JDK 5.0 (starting from Update 4) and JDK 6.0
- Tight integration into the IDE work flow
- Low overhead profiling utilizing the JFluid technology
- Task-based approach to simplify profiling
- CPU Performance profiling
- Memory profiling & memory leak detection
- Threads profiling
- Attaching to running (deployed) application
- Ability to save snapshots and process them offline
What's new in the Milestone 8 release:
- Improved profiling for J2EE applications and Applets
- Better support for Sun Java Application Server
- Ability to take results snapshot before the profiled application exits
- Improved navigation in profiling results, searching in Call trees
- Profiling JUnit tests
(As always) Large number of bugfixes
Complete list of new features, enhancements and bugfixes can be found at:
NetBeans Profiler Team"