Here’s a short note as to the status of some recent activity in the openSUSE:Tumbleweed repo:
- the kernel is at the 2.6.38 release level
- a number of multimedia packages and libraries were updated to their Factory level
- Banshee 2 is now in the repository
- LibreOffice 3.3.2 is in the repository.
- I’m considering adding GNOME:3.0 to openSUSE:Tumbleweed when the openSUSE GNOME developers release it. It’s building in a test repository right now pretty successfully, but it might be a few more weeks until it seems “ready” enough.
Note, it seems that when any package is added or updated in the openSUSE:Tumbleweed repository, LibreOffice rebuilds itself. This can be annoying for those on bandwidth-challenged network connections, and seems to be due to the dependency chain that the LibreOffice developers have defined in their .spec files. Hopefully this will be resolved for the next major release, but in the meantime, I’ll try to limit library updates in openSUSE:Tumbleweed to once a week at the most unless security issues require it.