The opentaps Open Source ERP + CRM application suite released version 1.0.0 Preview 6 today. There have been over 500 commits since the release of Preview 6 at the end of September. Significant enhancements include:
- Upgraded Pentaho component to the new 1.6 version
- Live documentation is now available from opentaps application pages to the opentaps documentation site at http://www.opentaps.org/docs
- Amazon.com product, inventory, and order integration now ready for beta-testing
- Google Checkout support
- Support for credit card security code in online store and internal order entry
- CRM activity and cases security enhancements: highlighting of new cases and activities and security settings to make activities private
- Significantly enhanced Material Resources Planning (MRP)
- Support for third party warehouse inventory, such as those held in backup or supplier warehouses
- Support for UPS pickup call tags
- Improvements to built-in reporting capabilities, with better support for JasperReports, charting, and Excel files.
- Other improvements throughout the application.
As opentaps 1.0.0 is still under active development, all users and developers should use subversion's svn update to stay up to date.
opentaps is an open source Java ERP and CRM system which is compatible with Windows and Linux and all major databases, including MySQL, PostgreSQL, Oracle, and MS SQL Server. opentaps can be downloaded from SourceForge.net at: