- New kernel features including diskdump support on megaraid_sas, qlogic & swap partitions and new hardware support via driver & SCSI white-list updates
- Enhanced kernel features including networking subsystem, NFS & autofs4 file systems and SCSI & USB subsystems
- Enhanced system tools including the addition of OpenIPMI userspace tools
- Browser re-base from Mozilla to Seamonkey (application suite from Mozilla Foundation including web browser, email & newsgroup client and IRC client)
- Driver updates including bnx2, cciss, e1000, emulex, forcedeth, ipmi, qlogic and tg3
- Driver additions including adp94xx and dcdbas
- Security updates, bug fixes and feature enhancements to numerous system packages
Pie Box Enterprise Linux 3 is aimed at people who need a stable OS with a long lifespan but don't want an expensive bundled support contract. It is derived from open source software with only four packages modified in order to replace trademarks and logos with our own. Features of Pie Box Enterprise Linux 3 include the Linux 2.4 kernel, GNOME, Apache 2, Samba 3 and Logical Volume Manager.
Further information regarding Pie Box Enterprise Linux 3 and subscriptions to the Updates service may be found at www.piebox.com
PixExcel, based in the United Kingdom, recognised the demand for enterprise quality Linux software that does not come bundled with an expensive support contract. This led to the release of Pie Box Enterprise Linux 3 AS back in April 2004. Since then PixExcel has been supplying a growing client base ranging from the home enthusiast to multi-million pound corporations. These clients share one thing in common - they demand a quality product but are sufficiently skilled to operate it without the expense of a support contract.
Pie Box Enterprise Linux is a Linux distribution that is derived from open source software. Linux is a registered trademark of Linus Torvalds. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
The full press release may be found here."