July 16, 2009, 8:22 am
Attending the openSUSE Conference is free, but registration is required. Lunch will be provided, so please be sure to sign up early so we can get an accurate headcount.
The openSUSE Conference is for anyone and everyone making a contribution to openSUSE. Whether you‚Äôre a developer, packager, translator, artist, or ambassador, you belong at the openSUSE Conference if you want to help promote, improve, and influence the openSUSE Project.
The conference will have two daily tracks of pre-planned talks, plus ‚ÄúBarCamp‚Äù style tracks for attendees to plan and provide their own content. Scheduled talks include:
- OBS and Cross-Platform Packaging: Peter Linnell
- Git in the Build Service: Andreas Gruenbacher
- openSUSE & Moblin: Michael Meeks
- Building Commercial Grade Appliances with SUSE Studio: Marcus Moeller
The openSUSE KDE team will be holding a full program of contributor workshops and sprints during the openSUSE Conference.
We‚Äôll also be celebrating Software Freedom Day on Saturday, September 19th with Open Day ‚Äî a full day of introductory sessions for users new to Linux, open source, and openSUSE.
- Dates: 17 September through 20 September.
- Location: Tagungszentrum BFW N√ºrnberg, N√ºrnberg, Germany.
- Cost: Free to attend.
- Dress code: None, but clothes are mandatory.
More to come! Keynotes will be announced shortly. Keep watching News.opensuse.org and the opensuse-announce mailing list for further updates on the openSUSE Conference. Don‚Äôt forget, sign up today and we‚Äôll see you in September!