May 5, 2009, 8:03 am
Just a reminder, we‚Äôre looking for contributors to lead sessions on the following topics:
- Community: This includes marketing, translations, managing and filling the wiki, documentation, forums, and openSUSE governance.
- Desktop: Topics related to the openSUSE desktop, including KDE, GNOME, Xfce, and applications.
- Server: Use of openSUSE on the server, or development of server applications.
- Toolchain and System: YaST, the kernel, packaging, and the openSUSE Build Service.
- Open Day: Saturday will include a track for openSUSE users and people new to Linux.
We‚Äôre also looking for volunteers to help with planning the event, to help run tracks during the event, help prep presenters, and to run hack sessions and other ‚Äúunconference‚Äù activities during the openSUSE Summit. (Just add your name to the wiki if you‚Äôre interested in helping out!)
Reminder: the summit isn‚Äôt just prepared presentations ‚Äî a lot of the schedule is set aside for attendees to plan at the summit, and for work sessions and some general networking so openSUSE Contributors can get to know one another face to face.