TOPICS and FOCUS
* Networking in Education and Research:
- European NRENs Status and Evolution,
- Collaborative and Groupware Applications,
- Web Content Delivery Applications,
- High Performance Computing,
* Network Security:
- Intrusion Detection,
- Vulnerabilities and Attack Taxonomies,
- Policies in Educational Networks,
- Security Engineering,
- Access Control and Audit
* New and Alternative Technologies:
- Networking Infrastructures Technologies,
- Mobile Networks
* Network Management:
- Network Operation Centers,
- Network Services Management,
- Fault Tolerance,
- Network Monitoring,
- Policy-Based Management,
- Remote Network Management
* OpenSource and GNU in education and research:
- GNU and GPL in Education,
- Operating Systems,
- Application for Education and Research,
- Software Solutions for Network Management
* Open Distance Learning:
- Web-Education Systems
- The Future of Learning: from dLearning to eLearning and mLearning
- Quality of ODL Programms
* Networking in today economy:
* Social Aspects of Networking Environment Today
- Impact of the Internet in Social Society
- Computer Aided Education
* Cisco Networking Academy Program
- Meeting of Cisco Networking Acadmies Users in EMEA
Contributions in networking and computer technology will
be accepted without being strictly limited by the above topics.
Abstracts of about 200 words in English with title and name(s) of the
author(s) must be submitted until April 5-th, 2003. There is no special
format for abstracts.
Acceptance of papers will be given by April 12, 2003. Papers formatted
as described on Conference's website http://conference.roedu.net/ should be
submitted no later than May 1st, 2003. The papers will be
published on the Internet and will be available to participants
on Conference Proceedings and CDROM.
Registration forms and instructions will become available on
Conference's website http://conference.roedu.net/
The Second Edition of the RoEduNet Conference will be hosted in Iasi,
about 400 km N-E from the Romanian capital Bucharest.
Iasi is the most important political, economic and cultural center in
the Moldavia region and one of the oldest cities in Romania.
It is situated in North-Eastern Romania, between the Moldavian Plateau
and the Jijia Plain, on the Bahlui River.
In the Middle Ages Iasi used to be the crossing point of the most
important commercial roads that passed through Moldavia coming from
Poland, Hungary, Russia and Constantinopole.
The presence of human communities in and around the city has
been confirmed from 4000 B.C. by the Cucuteni civilization.
A constant producer and nurturer of world-renowned intellectual elites,
Iasi still maintains the highest standards in academic education, thus
ensuring the continuity of rich cultural traditions.
Delegates registration will start at 15:30, Wednesday June 4-th.
The conference will start at 8:30, Thursday June 5-th with the Opening
Parallel sessions will be held for the rest of Thursday, and Friday
The conference will end Friday June 6-th at 17:00 with the Closing
* RoEduNet Users Forum
* Cisco Academy Program users meeting (will be held in parallel with
* IEEE Magnetics Society Chapter Meeting.
April 5, 2003 - Paper Abstract Submissions;
April 12, 2003 - Notification of Acceptance;
May 1, 2003 - Full Paper Submissions;
June 5 - 6, 2003 - Conference
General Information, Applications, Sponsorship
RoEduNet Conference 2003
O.A.O. RoEduNet Iasi
Carol I, 11, Iasi RO-6600, Romania
Tel: +40 (232) 201003
Fax: +40 (232) 201200
Conference is Organized by:
Ministry of Education, Romania
O.A.O. RoEduNet Iasi, Romania
Alexandru Ioan Cuza University Iasi,Romania
Carnegie Mellon University, Pittsburgh, PA, USA
Programme Committee Chairs:
Prof. dr. Eduard ANDREI, RoEduNet
Prof.dr. Kalman PUSZTAI, RoEduNet Cluj
Dr. Florin Bogdan MANOLACHE, Carnegie Mellon University
Local Organizing Committee Chair
dr. Octavian RUSU, RoEduNet Iasi, Romania
Sponsors and advertising sessions are welcome. For arrangements please
contact us as described above.