Gerald Carter tells us:
The Samba Team is proud to announce the release of Samba 2.2.4.
This is the latest stable release of Samba. This is the version that all
production Samba servers should be running for all current bug-fixes.
There have been several fixes and internal enhancements which include:
(1) More/better SPOOLSS printing functionality for Windows
(2) Several fixes relating to serving PC database files such
as (Access and FoxPro) from a Samba file share.
(3) Several improves in Samba's VFS layer which can be seen
in the inclusion of a "Recycle Bin" vfs module. See
examples/VFS/README for more details on this.
(4) Addition of a tool (tdbbackup) for backup/restore of Samba's
(5) Continued improvements to winbind for greater scalability
(6) Several fixes related to Samba's MS-DFS support, and
(7) Rpcclient's various printer commands now work (again).
Binary packages will be released shortly for major platforms. The source
code can be downloaded from you favorite mirror listed at
in the file samba-2.2.4.tar.gz or samba-2.2.4.tar.bz2.
md5sum's are available in the same directory as the source
The release notes follow can be found at http://samba.org/samba/whatsnew/samba-2.2.4.html.
As always, all bugs are our responsibility.
The Samba Team.