Among the major features of Scribus:
- A modern user friendly interface developed with Qt. Scribus can run on Linux, HP-UX, Solaris, BSD and soon Mac OSX. An experimental version running on KDE-Cygwin and Windows 2000 is in testing.
- Unicode support including support for right to left scripts.
- Can export CMYK separations and "press-ready" PDF including PDF 1.4 features such as transparency.
- The only DTP application to create fully ISO compliant PDF/X-3 files.
- A powerful PDF export engine capable of creating fully interactive PDF forms, presentation effects and encrypted PDF.
- ICC color management via the littlecms color management engine.
- Powerful cross-platform Python Scripting language extending Scribus functions and automating tasks, as well as calling external applications within Scribus.
- Uses XML as a native file format. The Scribus XML format has been fully documented.
The Scribus Team:
Programming / Original Author Franz Schmid Franz.Schmid at altmuehlnet.de
Code Review and API Documentation Paul F. Johnson paulf.johnson at ukonline.co.uk
English Documentation and Testing Peter Linnell scribusdocs at atlantictechsolutions.com
Many contributions and translations from users.