"SESCO LINUX is to create a secure and supreme quality, open source operating system designed for the server with text based console laying more emphasis on security and low-cost servers, to handle the similar tasks performed by high end servers.
Sesco Linux is designed from selected components from GNU Project, Linux Kernel and additional packages / softwares developed by SESCO, keeping it as clean and small.
Oflate, Open & Networked communities are working hard on the securing servers, this has become a greater task, at SESCO, this is one of our priorty and SESCO Linux is packaged & distributed with this aspect of Server Security in mind.
SESCO Linux is compatible on Intel & AMD processor to support both 32-bit & 64-bit features with remarkable price and performance leadership.
- Official CD-rom with or without support . free updates
- Downloading from internet . ftp sites & mirrors . free updates
- Maintain packages intended for server.
- Keep it update.
- Default secure configurations, like eliminating telnet, ftp that are security risk
- All services need to start with the administrator's approval and knowledge.
- Eliminating multiple software doing the same kind of job( postgressql Vs Mysql)
- Auto Updates (similar to M$ Updates)
- Securing logs
- Paging the systems administrator in case of system warnings & service down.
- Encrypted File Systems.
- Fine tuning Linux kernels and controlled system privileges.
- Load Balancing and clustering.
- Supporting PC Hardware . (intel/AMD)
- Both Commercially & non-commercial support.
- Performance and tuning
- User friendly install(defaults secure and the selection of packages).
- Compatibility with other Linux based distributions
- The easier the task of maintaining a box
- Fine graining startup scripts
- Non-GUI, instead a web based interface (similar to webmin) to maintain the server along with the text based console.
..Ravi Kashyap, December 31, 2003"