- What's New in #develop.89
- Where to Download
- Where to Report Bugs
- How Can I Help?
1) What's New in #develop.89
This release completes a major restructuring of the infrastructure and source code tree. Projects support backend bindings that are not targeting compilers, the object browser has much more functionality than before, folding was re-integrated and a new XML formatting strategy added (for details, see the Changes section). Our feature preview this time: a Windows Forms Designer. Take a look at the tech note and source code - if you have time to spare, help us make it a great open source implementation of a forms designer!
- Initial implementation of a Windows Forms Designer (see How Can I Help)
- Support for Mono on Windows: you can choose the C# compiler as well as the execution environment
- Folding is re-integrated
- XML formatting strategy
- Object browser was refactored by Markus Palme
- #develop help is integrated with a help browser
- Project options dialog redesigned
- Toolbar is now more functional
- C# backend binding: treat warnings as errors passed to csc.exe
- Parser refactoring and new parser data structures
- NDoc works reliably in exe and source distributions
- Namespace cleanups
- Project browser refactoring allows for more varied backend bindings
- Project file format changed to match new project subsystem
3) Where to Download
4) Where to Report Bugs
5) How Can I Help?
The easy things you can do:
- Tell your fellow developers about #develop
- Report bugs
- Put a link to #develop on your homepage (use docs\BuiltWithSharpDevelop.png)
- Add the above button to your applications
- When writing an article, use #develop and add screenshots
- Publishers and training companies: add #develop to your CD's.
For developers that strive for a challenge:
Take a look at our Forms Designer implementation and the Tech Note (docs\TheFormsDesigner.sxw). There are a few "unsolved mysteries" that we need help with â help us out, and we'll award free polos from our shop http://www.icsharpcode.net/Store/default.asp to the best submissions.