Joining Family of 1U Servers with up to 2 TB of RAID-5 Storage.
Palo Alto, CA - September 3, 2003 - 1U Ring, Inc., an
innovative provider of mission-critical Linux hardware,
software, system security and linux consulting, today
announced a groundbreaking C1000 Mini-ITX 1U server
(http://www.1U-ITX.net) designed for the rigorous demands of
ultra-dense rack-based computing. The C1000 is part of a
family of unique 1U-RAID5? servers and supports up to 500GB of
mass storage in a 10" deep 1U chassis, while other servers
support up to 2 Terabytes (TB) of mass storage. The C1000
mini-itx server supports up to 2 GB of DDR memory and Intel's
As part of a growing family of optimized 1U servers, 1U Ring
integrates design enhancements that enable a number of
industry firsts. These include:
- The smallest (9?? deep) Commercially Available 1U System
- The first RAID5 servers in a 1U chassis - 1U-Raid?
- The first to Offer mini-itx 1U chassis with up to
500GB of RAID-1 storage in a 10" deep 1U chassis
- The first/densest 1U chassis supporting up to 8 hard
- The first to offer up to 2 TB of Storage in a 25"
Deep 1U Chassis
- The first 1U chassis to support 2 PCI (NIC) cards
- The first 1U chassis w/ above-board CPU blower fans
for better CPU cooling
- The first 1U chassis to support up to 12 laptop
drives - Laptop-Raid5?
The first to put the CPU and fans along the edge of
the 1U chassis for better CPU cooling
All 1U Ring servers use off-the-shelf parts, including:
- MicroATX, FlexATX, ATX, mini-ITX, others
- Celeron -2.6, Pentium 4 at 3.0Ghz, AMD XP-2200+
- IDE, SCSI-3, laptop disks, compact flash, others
- Standard PCI cards
- 1U Ring servers also incorporate customer friendly
features such as interchangeable front panels for the
Customer's logo and look-and-feel.
- An optional 16x2 serial LCD for monitoring,
configuration and diagnostics is available.
1U servers have traditionally represented a tradeoff between
high Rack density and feature performance. This new design
shatters those preconceptions with a complete family of
flexible 1U-RAID5? servers for ultra-high mass storage
systems. 1U Ring can offer customers up to 2 TB of reliability
in a single 1U server that can be customized to create and
meet the Customer's specific 1U server requirements. The
1U-Raid5? servers are available immediately for under $1,000.
1U Ring Inc
Headquartered in Palo Alto, CA, 1U Ring, Inc. a privately held
company, is an innovator in the design of Linux servers for
mission-critical, high-density environments. The company has
incorporated decades of design expertise into a new family of
unique 1U rack servers that can be configured to meet a
customer's specific requirements.