1) An overview of Linux’s history reveals circumstance, innovation, and cross-platform demand resulted in its massive success and legacy.
2) The 2016 Linux Kernel Development Report has been released and reveals profitability.
3) “Just 7.7% of devs are unpaid—because Linux development is worth paying for.”
4) At LinuxCon North America this week, Linux Foundation Executive Director Jim Zemlin looks back on 25 years of Linux.
5) “Thanks to a multi-year tradition, it is rather easy to predict when an improved version of Linux is about to roll out.”