Jeff gerhardt writes "Tonight Live: Become a Certified Linux Geek >> on The Linux Show!!
Tonight Live: On The Linux Show!!
Tuesday, October 21st, 2003 from Chicago IL the Home of The White Sox How soon we jump ship!
Tonight LIVE on www.thelinuxshow.com.
At 6pm pt, 7pm mt, 8pm ct, and 9pm et.... Kevin Hill, Arne Flones, Doc
Searls, Russ Pavlicek AND Jeff Gerhardt are all back live tonight. We have an interesting (albeit short)
show lined up for tonight.
Segment One- The News. We will cover THE HOT NEWS of the
week including: Cubs loose and all is normal in the world, Microsoft's DOJ blues,
The Truth is out there, Something Fishy at SCO, IBM says Linux can not be stopped, a clueless
pundit or two........ and way more.
- The News This Weeks
- Dear Microsoft-By Bob evans Infoweek
- Rise of Linux totally unstoppable, IBM says -Mike Magee of The Inquirer
- Victory declared in the open source war that never was-The Register
- SCO licenses Microsoft protocols -Something Stinks here The Register
- Apple PC iTunes hits 1 million downloads-CNN.Com
- SCI FI Channel may sue US gov't for UFO documents -The Truth is out there
- An interview with Jon Hall-By Robin 'Roblimo' Miller of Slashdot and Newsforge
- Microsoft under the microscope: Feds, states question
XP's music link-news.com
- Linux not accountable for security, Ballmer says-More MS FUD
- Enterprise Linux Forum hits DC tomorrow-Jupiter events
- How Much Office Functionality Do We Really Need, Anyway- By Steven J. Vaughan-Nichols EWeek
- Linux CD turns Athlon 64 PC into "gaming console on steroids"- Linuxdevices.com
- Mass. official: "Open source" reports overstated
State secretary denies existence of "Freeware Initiative" -By Paul Roberts, IDG News
- Old SCO
- SGI: Letter to the Linux Community- Get bit SCO
- Halloween IX: It Ain't Necessarily SCO-
- An Open Letter to Darl-Newsforge good thoughts by ESR
- 'SCO' code could be written out of Linux-
- Red Hat Files Complaint Over SCO's Linux Claims -
- CALDERA Employess work on Kernel- Jeff:I told you so
- Torvalds Speaks Out on SCO, Linux- from e-week
- SCO Owns Your Computer- Byte (how appropriate)
- OSI Position Paper
on the SCO-vs.-IBM Complaint-
- Eric Raymond's attempt
to find holes in SCO's claim-
SCO's CEO says buyout could end Linux fight- by TODD R. WEISS of
This may be the defining story of the entire SCO situation
- The SCO/Microsoft Connection
Linux and Main Summary- has to be good, quoted jeff.....
& Main editorial citing Microsoft- By Dennis Powell
- "SCO ANNOUNCES
UNIX LICENSING DEAL WITH MICROSOFT" - the official press release
- If it Look like a
duck, smells like a duck, walks like a duck? Its a duck HEY DOJ
- OK, So
Why Did Microsoft Buy That SCO License?- by Maureen O'Gara of
Segment Two- Getting Linux Certified- An Update with Linux Professional Institute
Tonight we will be joined by Evan Leibovitch President and Chairman of the Board of
LPI. For those of you living in a closet, LPI or the Linux Professional Institute
is a community organization advocating the professional use of Linux. It is best known around
the world as the organization that developed the metrix and testing protocols for a professional
Linux skills certification certification exam. LPI's industry standard certifications are
delivered in thousands of locations worldwide, in multiple languages and with the support of
employers, vendors, and trainers. LPI is a vendor neutral organization, but is used as the basic metric for
several different curricula; including Comptia's Linux Plus.
Tonight we will be discussing several topics with Evan, including the current state of certification
development, and we are sure we will discuss Evans recent trip to Europe.
Evan was one of the co-founders of LPI. Before taking the role as LPI President, he was a
Vice President at Starnix Inc., a Linux-centric VAR located near Toronto. He registered
his first Internet domain in 1986, has been involved with Unix even longer, and first started
using Linux in 1996. He was a co-founder of the Canadian Linux Users' Exchange and has written
on Linux issues for a number of publications. Evan has a degree in Philosophy from York
University and a graduate degree in Journalism from Ryerson Polytechnic University. Evan
presently lives in Ontario, Canada.
If you are in a band or represent an artist, please contact
us ASAP to be added to our play list.
Please join us on the show, and check our IRC Chat
Catch the Linux show at www.thelinuxshow.com"