jeff gerhardt writes "Tonight Live: Drazen Pantic and SCO goes for 3 Billion >> on The Linux Show!!
Tonight Live: On The Linux Show!!
Tuesday, June 17th, 2003 from Chicago IL
Tonight LIVE on www.thelinuxshow.com.
At 6pm pt, 7pm mt, 8pm ct, and 9pm et.... Kevin Hill, Arne Flones, Doc
Searls, Russ Pavlicek AND Jeff Gerhardt are all back live tonight. We have a a great
show lined up for tonight on The Linux Show!
Segment One- The News. We will cover THE HOT NEWS of the
week. Tonight on the news: This week in the news segment we will be discussing:
India, IBM, Microsoft And way way more.....
- The News This Weeks
- Linus Leaves Transmeta- Leaves on very good terms
- Plan9 is officially open source- from Slashdot
- Papa John's Pizza has selected Wincor Nixdorf's BEETLE
- South African Cabinet approves OSS strategy-
- HP sets up separate Linux unit- By Ina Fried -- CNet News
- Are Open Source Databases Following in Linux' Footsteps?- By Clint Boulton -- Datamation
- IDC predicts dramatic growth for Linux use in Europe- By Daniel Thomas -- Computer Weekly
- Study Shows Development Managers Bullish On Linux- By Alan Zeichick -- SD Times -- Print edition.
- The Limitations Of Linux- By Lisa DiCarlo -- Forbes (Clueless Pundit of the week winner)
- New SCO
- Oldie SCO But Goodie
- OSI Position Paper
on the SCO-vs.-IBM Complaint-
- Eric Raymond's attempt
to find holes in SCO's claim- You go boy!!
SCO's CEO says buyout could end Linux fight- by TODD R. WEISS of
This may be the defining story of the entire SCO situation
- Is SCO NDA Sideshow Setting a Trap for Analysts and Linux Developers?- plus- The SCO Forum side thread
- Lawsuit won't stop Linux, Oracle exec says- Infoworld
Vs Timeline Inc-Microsoft :
Better off with Linux- By Dave the "NZheretic"
- Going for
a Streak-Free Finish! Will Microsoft's Answer to Linux Be Windex
Instead? - Cringely on SCO By Robert X. Cringely of PBS
Linux Have a Dark Secret?- From Business Week Warns of caution
- SCO v.
IBM satire. A Defining Moment- by Ed Foster
- Warning: You
may want to consider speaking a new language
Torvalds Sounds Off On SCO Lawsuit- by Paula Rooney, of CRN
- OSI Position Paper
- The SCO/Microsoft Connection
Linux and Main Summary- has to be good, quoted jeff.....
& Main editorial citing Microsoft- By Dennis Powell
- "SCO ANNOUNCES
UNIX LICENSING DEAL WITH MICROSOFT" - the official press release
- If it Look like a
duck, smells like a duck, walks like a duck? Its a duck HEY DOJ
- OK, So Why Did Microsoft Buy That SCO License?- by Maureen O'Gara of
Segment Two- Drazen Pantic on Life, Art, Streaming Media and Public WIFI TV
Tonight we will have a conversation with Drazen Pantic, a true man for all seasons.
Some believe this man almost single-handedly undermined the Milosevic regime in Serbia.
Geek, scholar, entreprenuer, this is one truly amazing guy.
(Look him up on Google.)
Drazen Pantic, a native of Belgrade, is the founder of OpenNet, the Internet department of
the pioneering independent media organization Radio B92 in Belgrade and the first Internet
service provider in Serbia. For his work with new media technologies as a force to counter
political repression in Yugoslavia, he was granted the Electronic Frontier Foundation's:Pioneer Award in 1999. Drazen established numerous public Internet access centers,
and has taught, lectured and been published widely on the use of the Internet to support
independent media and internationally recognized principles of free expression.
Presently, he serves as Co-Director of Location One, a digital arts gallery in New York. He
is also a Fellow of the Center for War, Peace and News Media of NYU, where he manages the
Center's "Media Technology Democracy" program.
Drazen is also a founding member of the Open Source Streaming Alliance
(www.streamingalliance.org), focusing on development and implementation of open source tools
for preparation and delivery of content through a worldwide distributed network of open source
Some of the topics we will discuss include:
If you are in a band or represent an artist, please contact
us asap to be added to our play list.
Please join us on the show, and check our IRC Chat
Catch the Linux show at www.thelinuxshow.com"