Tonight: On The Linux Show!!
Tuesday, July 13th, 2004from Chicago IL
Tonight on www.thelinuxshow.com.
Kevin Hill, Arne Flones, Doc Searls, Russ Pavlicek AND Jeff Gerhardt are bringing you
a great show tonight. Are you ready to go?????
ALL News Tonight. We will cover THE HOT NEWS of the
week including: Microsoft, HP, SCO, the French and a new GPL, Ken Brown of ADTI; plus a clueless pundit or two........ and way more.
- Happy Birthday Linux Questions
- French fry up their own GPL ZDNET UK
- Linux Open Source Shows Way Forward for BusinessBy Matthew Lynn - Bloomberg
- Open Debate: Focusing on business value Computing
- Linux users are spoiled By Robin 'Roblimo' Miller - NewsForge
- Why Linux repositories are a huge competitive advantage for Linux By: Chris DiBona - NewsForge
- Linux wins another European contract By Matthew Broersma - Techworld
- Red Hat Maintains Top Linux Hosting Spot By Sean Michael Kerner - ServerWatch
- SCO in a panic Groklaw
- Oracle and Linux win over NZX By Adam Gifford - New Zealand Herald
- Google applies to list on Nasdaq MSNBC/REUTERS
- Linux Show Opens Sign up for LinuxWorld Broadcast slots
- No Linux Show at SCO Forum
- HP at SCO Forum?
Segment Two- Kenneth P. Brown- & the Alexis de Tocqueville Institution
We will be joined tonight by Kenneth P. Brown, Jr. the President of the Alexis
de Tocqueville Institution (ADTI). ADTI defines itself as an organization as a public
policy research foundation (One of those think tank things). ADTI is headquartered in
Mr Brown and ADTI are most recently recognised for the controersy surounding the soon to be released book,
Samizdat and the acertions the book makes about Linux and the Open Source movement. We at TLS though that this would be an inciteful and educational segment for our listeners and help us to understand those in adversarial positions. Eric Raymond will be joning us for this segment.
At ADTI, Kenneth is also the director
of technology programs, a segment of the institution
that analyzes the relationship between technology and
existing/proposed legislation. Technology issues ADTI
examines include antitrust, intellectual property, and
Kenneth Brown also serves on the Board of Directors of
the Democratic Century Fund, and oversees investment
hedge fund. Kenneth Brown has been published in over
one hundred journals and media regarding public
policy, law, and technology. He has a BA in English
Literature from George Mason University in Fairfax, VA.
Mr. Brown lives in Falls Church, Virginia.
If you are in a band or represent an artist, please contact
us ASAP to be added to our play list.
Please join us on the show, and check our IRC Chat
Catch the Linux show at www.thelinuxshow.com"