At 6pm pt, 7pm mt, 8pm ct, and 9pm et.... Kevin Hill, Arne Flones, Doc Searls, Russ Pavlicek and Jeff Gerhardt are back live tonight. We have a great show lined up tonight on The Linux Show!
Segment One- The News. We will cover THE HOT NEWS of the
week. Tonight on the news: SCO vs the entire known universe, the Graham Taylor/OpenForum Europe controversy, follow up to: "in search of Linux Laptops", Red Hat is not Linux returns, , and way way more.....
- SCO too many possible links to list But....
- The Grahm Taylor Controversy- Based upon comments by Bruce Perens, a new European Open Source Controversy boils up.
- The New Advertising- Google goes "Clue Training" (hey is that a new verb)
- America's Broadband Dream Is Alive in Korea- Blame the Phone companies and Cable Companies for this NOT happening in the US
- The Oregonian: Minnis bows to lobbyists of Microsoft-(by Ken Barber)
- Grants promoting unfettered innovation-Dan Gillmor
- Unfinished Business: The One Missing Piece-
- Software Bullet Is Sought to Kill Musical Piracy- One element of the DRM conspiracy.
- 2.6 Kernel to Push the Envelope-by Peter Galli
- Knoppix squeezes desktop onto 1 CD- eWeek print edition under "Pings & Packets.
- How Linux is Changing the Development Landscape-by Jennifer deJong
- 'Corporate Linux'--Not a Contradiction in Terms?-By Jennifer deJong
- Microsoft trains staff in Linux and Java- vnunet.com By Peter Williams
- NYC Wireless is fulla Linux and rocks-
MSN Stoops Low- Whats New?
- The eWeek/Ziff-Davis editors earn the title "Clueless
editors of the week" for their entitling a story about a new director
at Red Hat, "Linux Gets New Leadership." The Extream Tech Version By Peter Galli and the eWEEK version
- Arne's comments on the above stories- Now everyone chant together, "Linux is not Red Hat!!"
Segment Two- Rob Page on Zope Software Systems!
Tonight we are joined by Rob Page Chief Executive Officer and President
of Zope Software Systems! Zope is a combination; high-performance application server, a web server, and a content management system all in one. Straight out of the box, it is a complete and self-contained solution, that includes a robust, scalable object database, web services architecture, and powerful programming capabilities. Since it is designed for customization and extensibility, all its components can integrate tightly with a wide range of leading web server and database systems. Zope promotes rapid creation and deployment of complex applications, totally manageable through a web interface. All of this, and complete open source access, are provided without cost. There are no licensing or runtime fees for the software. But as we know that is not the total cost of a product.
Zope Corporation uses Zope to create high-end custom solutions, generating revenue by offering Zope-based content management solutions through consulting services, technology partnerships, support, training and custom vertical applications.
Customers benefit from open source software because they pay only for their unique, customized solution. They do not pay for the software. They are not dependent on any one vendor for enhancements to the product, bug fixes or support. They retain choice and control. But, engaging Zope Corporation means customers employ the people who created the product to design and implement their solutions.
As CEO, Rob Page provides leadership and vision, directing corporate operations, professional services, product development and sales. He is involved in all aspects of company strategy, client services and quality assurance. Prior to co-founding Zope Corporation in 1995, he co-founded Connecting Minds, a consultancy firm. He also served for nine years in the Marine Corps and Marine Corps Reserve as a data systems officer. Rob earned his B.S. in Aerospace Engineering from the University of Florida.
Next week: 05/13 Tom Liston of LaBrea
If you are in a band or represent an artist, please contact
us asap to be added to our play list.
Please join us on the show, and check our IRC Chat
Catch the Linux show at www.thelinuxshow.com"