At 6pm pt, 7pm mt, 8pm ct, and 9pm et.... Kevin Hill, Arne Flones, Doc Searls, and Russ Pavlicek are back live tonight. Jeff is off mending. But, we have a HISTORIC show lined up tonight on The Linux Show! As a special guest panel member we will have Dennis E. Powell, Editor and Publisher of Linux and Main.
Segment One- The News. We will cover THE HOT NEWS of the
week. Tonight on the news: As per last weeks prediction of "SCO looking a lot like Microsoft", on tonights show we will discuss more hot SCO news including what appears to be eidence of Microsoft violating their agreements with the Department of Justice on antitrust. HAVE WE FOUND THE SMOKING GUN? (Note to Listeners from Jeff: I really wish I could be on the show tonight. This might very well be a historic evening.)
Other News items include, and way way more.....
- SCO REALLY look's like Microsoft-
Some background SCO links of the past 2 weeks
- SCO Clears Linux Kernel but Implicates Red Hat and SuSE - more SCO flap
- IBM denies charges of Unix theft-
- "We're finding...cases where there is line-by-line code in the Linux kernel that is matching up to our UnixWare code." Darl McBride Chief Executive SCO Group - is he insane?
- Interview: SCO's Chris Sontag- THIS IS AN IMPORTANT STORY IF YOU HAVE NOT READ IT ALREADY.
- FRESH SCO
- The SCO/Microsoft Connection
- The Linux and Main Summary- has to be good, quoted jeff.....
- Linux & Main editorial citing Microsoft- By Dennis Powell
- "SCO ANNOUNCES UNIX LICENSING DEAL WITH MICROSOFT" - the official press release
- The fear war against Linux- by Bruce Perens
Bruce comments on the SCO claims and chimes in on who really has to gain? Only Microsoft.
- Linux a hot topic at Microsoft meeting
- If it Look like a duck, smells like a duck, walks like a duck? Its a duck HEY DOJ WAKE UP!!!!!!!
- NON-SCO News
- If the glass slipper fits-by Chad Dickerson
- Linux App Targets Deskless Workers- by Dennis Callaghan
- Interview: Talking pizza and packets with Samba
- Fujitsu doubles up on Linux support- by Gareth Morgan
- The Linux Inflection Point-by Kevin McKean, Editorial Director and CEO of Infoworld Media Grp- Ok so its not a clueless pundit, but how about an arrogant one? (Note from Arne-Only the hubris of an editor can generate an article that praises Linux by compariing it to smoking cigarettes. The only question yet to be resolved is, "What has Mr. McKean been smoking?")
Segment Two- The Electronic Frontier Foundation
Tonight we are joined by Seth David Schoen Staff Technologist of The Electronic Frontier Foundation.
If America's founding fathers had anticipated the digital frontier, there would be a clause in the Constitution protecting your rights online, as well. Instead, a modern group of freedom fighters was necessary to extend the original vision into the digital world. That's where the Electronic Frontier Foundation comes in.
The Electronic Frontier Foundation is the leading civil liberties
organization working to protect rights in the digital world. Founded in
1990, EFF actively encourages and challenges industry and government to
support free expression and privacy online. EFF is a member-supported
organization and maintains one of the most linked-to websites in the
world at http://www.eff.org/
Seth Schoen is one of the lead developers of the LNX-BBC rescue system(formerly the Linuxcare Bootable Business Card). He worked as a Senior Linux Consultant at Linuxcare for two years; he has also been an intern at Toronto Dominion Bank and at the Lawrence Berkeley National Laboratory. His long-time interest in civil liberties led him to his current position as Staff Technologist at the Electronic Frontier Foundation, a non-profit organization based in San Francisco. He has
been active in the Bay Area free software community since he moved to the Bay Area in 1997 from Massachusetts.
NEXT WEEK: No guest lined up yet. Want to be on the show?
If you are in a band or represent an artist, please contact
us asap to be added to our play list.
Please join us on the show, and check our IRC Chat
Catch the Linux show at www.thelinuxshow.com"