Jeff gerhardt writes "Tonight Live: Spy VS Spy or is that SCO vs OSDL (and Novell and Intel and...)>> on The Linux Show!!
Tuesday, January 13th, 2003 from Chicago IL.
Tonight LIVE on www.thelinuxshow.com.
At 6pm pt, 7pm mt, 8pm ct, and 9pm et.... Kevin Hill, Arne Flones, Doc
Searls, Russ Pavlicek AND Jeff Gerhardt are all back live tonight.
Segment One- The News. We will cover THE HOT NEWS of the
week including: Russ Rants on X11, Bogus Legal ruling, OSDL vs SCO, Novell vs SCO, Intel vs SCO, DOC with a MAC, Joe Barr(newsforge) on the Linux and Main screw job, a clueless pundit or two........ and way more.
- The News This Weeks
- Russ's Rant: It's time for the X11 folks to change
with the times-By
- Speak Freely to disappear on January 15-By John Walker
- Realtime Linux patch hits the Web-By Staff- Linux Devices.com
- Red Hat to contribute copyrights held in the eCos code base to the Free Software Foundation-RED HAT Press Release was this met with positive news or what?
- Microsoft to extend Windows 98 support-MSNBC Can you say oops?
- Yahoo tests RSS for MyYahoo-By
- "Linux threat" may be behind Microsoft's continuation of support for Windows 98-By-ZDNet
- Microsoft ads bash rival Linux-By Byron Acohido- USA TODAY
- Another lawsuit in Linux land-By Joe Barr- NewsForge
- Enjoying NASA's Maestro on your Linux desktop-By Joe Barr- NewsForge
- New Economy Hack: Turning Consumers into Producers-By Doc Searls- Linux Journal
- Judge deletes suit by ReplayTV owners-By Declan McCullagh- news.com.com.com.com.com.com
- Business Week: Asia Loves Linux-By Bruce Einhorn in Singapore, with Manjeet Kripalani in Bombay and Jay Greene in Seattle- Business Week
- University Adapts Laser to Slice Cheese-ABC News AP news wire
The Weekly SCO
- Novell to call SCO's bluff: offers Linux
indemnification:-By Peter Galli - EWeek (clued in pudit)
- OSDL's $10 million legal fund-The Press Release
- Aid group to defend Linux suits-The coverage By By Dean Takahashi- San Jose Mercury-News
- Intel Chips in to OSDL's SCO Legal Defense Fund-By Stephen Shankland- news.com.com.com.com.com.com.com
- The Most Recent McBride FUD letter
- Larry Lessig finally chimes in on SCO
- Cross Your Heart and Hope to Die, SCO?-By Staff- Groklaw
- The Grinch Who Stole Linux-By Scott Lazar of Groklaw
- Novell deal good for Linux, bad for SCO-By Peter Williams - vnunet.com
- SGI: Letter to the Linux Community- Get bit SCO
- Halloween IX: It Ain't Necessarily SCO-
- An Open Letter to Darl-Newsforge good thoughts by ESR
- 'SCO' code could be written out of Linux-
- Red Hat Files Complaint Over SCO's Linux Claims -
- CALDERA Employees work on Kernel- Jeff:I told you so
- Torvalds Speaks Out on SCO, Linux- from e-week
- SCO Owns Your Computer- Byte (how appropriate)
- OSI Position Paper
on the SCO-vs.-IBM Complaint-
- Eric Raymond's attempt
to find holes in SCO's claim-
SCO's CEO says buyout could end Linux fight- by TODD R. WEISS of
This may be the defining story of the entire SCO situation
The SCO/Microsoft Connection
Linux and Main Summary- has to be good, quoted jeff.....
& Main editorial citing Microsoft- By Dennis Powell
- "SCO ANNOUNCES
UNIX LICENSING DEAL WITH MICROSOFT" - the official press release
- If it Look like a
duck, smells like a duck, walks like a duck? Its a duck HEY DOJ
- OK, So
Why Did Microsoft Buy That SCO License?- by Maureen O'Gara of
Segment Two- More news and our plans for next week at LWE-
If you are in a band or represent an artist, please contact
us ASAP to be added to our play list.
Please join us on the show, and check our IRC Chat
Catch the Linux show at www.thelinuxshow.com"