Tonight Live: On The Linux Show!!
Tuesday, December 2nd, 2003 from Chicago IL the Home of
Tonight LIVE on www.thelinuxshow.com.
At 6pm pt, 7pm mt, 8pm ct, and 9pm et…. Kevin Hill, Arne Flones, Doc
Searls, Russ Pavlicek AND Jeff Gerhardt are all back live tonight. We have a very different
show lined up for tonight.
Segment One- The News. We will cover THE HOT NEWS of the
pundit or two…….. and way more.
- The News This Weeks
- The Wonderful World of Linux 2.6–By Joseph Pranevich
- Flaw in Linux kernel allows attack–By Robert Lemos– Staff Writer, CNET News.com
- Red Hat switches top sales executive–By Stephen Shankland– Staff Writer, CNET News.com
- Cheap Linux Tablets, And (Maybe) An Apple Tablet-Slashdot
- Fiat revs up European sales with Linux–By Robert Jaques– Vnunet
- Hola, ADIOS boot CD–By– Newsforge
- Don’t forget ‘memory glasses’–By
- xine 1.0 previewed–By
- Gates on Linux (Linux is Pricey)–by Alex Vieux– Always On
- Eric Raymond on Microsoft–by Todd Bishop– Seattle Post
- A modified license for Free Software fairness–By: Apurva Mehta – Newsforge winner of Clueless Pundit of the week
- Cross Your Heart and Hope to Die, SCO?–By Staff– Groklaw
- The Grinch Who Stole Linux–By Scott Lazar of Groklaw
- Novell deal good for Linux, bad for SCO–By Peter Williams – vnunet.com
- SGI: Letter to the Linux Community– Get bit SCO
- Halloween IX: It Ain’t Necessarily SCO–
- An Open Letter to Darl-Newsforge good thoughts by ESR
- ‘SCO’ code could be written out of Linux–
- Red Hat Files Complaint Over SCO’s Linux Claims –
- CALDERA Employees work on Kernel– Jeff:I told you so
- Torvalds Speaks Out on SCO, Linux– from e-week
- SCO Owns Your Computer– Byte (how appropriate)
- OSI Position Paper
on the SCO-vs.-IBM Complaint–
- Eric Raymond’s attempt
to find holes in SCO’s claim–
SCO’s CEO says buyout could end Linux fight– by TODD R. WEISS of
This may be the defining story of the entire SCO situation
Linux and Main Summary– has to be good, quoted jeff…..
& Main editorial citing Microsoft– By Dennis Powell
- “SCO ANNOUNCES
UNIX LICENSING DEAL WITH MICROSOFT” – the official press release
- If it Look like a
duck, smells like a duck, walks like a duck? Its a duck HEY DOJ
- OK, So
Why Did Microsoft Buy That SCO License?– by Maureen O’Gara of
Segment Two- Desktop Linux Distros, do we really need a standard one?– What is Bruce up to this time???
Tonight we are going to have our old friend Bruce Perens on the show. We are going to
discuss the effort by Bruce and a number of folks in creating a universal Desktop Distro
of the Linux Kernel. This concept was announced a month ago at a Desktop Linux conference
where he announced the
creation of userlinux.com/. You may also want to read about
another similar effort at http://freedesktop.org/~jg/roadmap.html
Advance disclaimer. Some of us at TLS are not sold on this idea. That is why we thought
it fair to invte Bruce and have him sell us on the idea. Please note that although we may not be
convinced yet does not mean this is an adversarial situation. There is room for disagreements from
time to time even with riends.
If you are in a band or represent an artist, please contact
us ASAP to be added to our play list.
Please join us on the show, and check our IRC Chat
Catch the Linux show at www.thelinuxshow.com“