1) Brian Behlendorf, developer of Apache web-server software, announced as the Hyperledger Project’s new executive director.
Internet Heavyweight Joins Open-Source Blockchain Consortium– Bloomberg
2) Linux 4.6 provides improved security, ARM support, & gaming hardware support.
Linux 4.6 is a Major Release: Here’s What’s New & Improved– ZDNet
3) OpenDaylight executive director Neela Jacques explains the ubiquity of open source.
The Shift in Open Source: A New Kind of Platform War– NetworkWorld
4) Adam Jaffe testifies in the Oracle’s copyright infringement case against Google.
Economist: There Was No ‘Fair Use’ of Java APIs in Android– eWeek
5) Major security vulnerability in the Symantec Antivirus Engine has been uncovered and could compromise Linux, Mac and Windows PCs.
Security Hole in Symantec Antivirus Exposes Windows, Linux and Macs– SecurityBrief NZ