This week in Linux News, the Cloud Native Computing Foundation announces new members, Spanish Researchers uncover a vulnerability that puts most Linux systems at risk, and more! Read the latest Linux stories from the past week below.
1) The Cloud Native Computing Foundation (CNCF) announces new members, accepts technical contributions, and becomes a Linux Foundation Collaborative Project.
Linux Group Building Cloud App Infrastructure- Light Reading
2) Reasearchers in Spain uncover a vulnerability that gains hackers entry into most Linux systems by pressing the backspace key.
3) Swift supports the Linux Foundation's effort to advance distributed ledger technology.
Industry Backs Linux Foundation Open Source Hyperledger Project- Banking Technology
4) AMD announces GPUOpen to strengthen its hold on the graphics market.
AMD Embraces Open Source to Take on Nvidia’s GameWorks- Ars Technica
5) Linus Torvalds says the fourth release candidate of Linux 4.4 contained bad bug that's since been corrected.
'Fairly Bad Core Bug' Crushed in Linux 4.4-rc5- The Register