This week in Linux news, open source projects respond to humanitarian needs, Microsoft opens up, and more. Read on for the top stories from this week.
1) In the wake of Nepal's tragic earthquake, a member of Red Hat's Open Source & Standards team shares five open source humanitarian projects.
5 Humanitarian FOSS Projects to Watch- OpenSource.com
2) An overview of Let's Encrypt: the Internet Security Research Group hosted by The Linux Foundation.
Let's Encrypt Offers Free, Automated and Open SSL Security Certificate Authority for Websites- App Developer Magazine
3) Microsoft announces its first full preview of .NET for Linux & Mac OS X.
4) Microsoft releases code editor for Linux and Mac OS X.
5) Sophisticated, under-the-radar malware spams Linux machines.