This Week in Linux News: Hyperledger Project could help solve counterfeit drug problem, Linux goals have changed, and more. Get the latest on open source with the weekly news digest.
1) Management consulting services company, Accenture, proposed a blockchain-supported solution to the counterfeit drug problem at a recent Hyperledger Project meeting.
Blockchain Technology Could Help Solve $75 Billion Counterfeit Drug Problem– International Business Times
2) World domination is no longer the most important goal for Linux, writes Bruce Byfield.
Linux and the Second Goal- Datamation
3) The Linux Foundation’s Open Container Initiative is “in the perfect position to draft a standard that meets everyone’s needs,” writes James Darvell.
New Container Image Standard Promises More Portable Apps– Linux Journal
4) The latest Ubuntu release emphasizes a user-friendly experience.
5) Red Hat has embraced open source OpenStack infrastructure-as-a-service cloud.