This week in Linux news, encryption ransomware targeting Linux Web servers is resolved, a new Linux Foundation high-performance computing Collaborative Project launches, & more! Don't miss these Linux headlines from the past week.
1) Linux-based operating systems are being targeted by Web server malware
New Encryption Ransomware Targets Linux Systems- Ars Technica
The malware is stopped by Romanian researchers.
2) Investigating the recently-announced Microsoft & Red Hat team-up.
3) New Linux Foundation Collaborative Project, OpenHPC, to build framework for high-performance computing.
4) The third installment in the "World Without Linux" web series has been released.
5) Valve celebrates the release of first Steam Machines by hosting Linux games sale.