This week in Linux news, Microsoft is releasing its SQL Server database management program for Linux, Linux Mint tightens its security after major vulnerabilities were exposed last month, and more! Get your fill of the latest Linux and open source headlines below.
1) Companies will soon be able to run the core capabilities of Microsoft’s SQL server on Linux.
Microsoft Opens Its Corporate Data Software to Linux- New York Times
2) Linux Mint amps up security measures following a difficult February.
3) First example of fully functional Mac OS X ransomware was ported from Linux.Encoder.
4) Microsoft to use Debian Linux for its SDN effort.
5) Datacentre operator Equinix snaps up technology produced by Facebook's Open Compute Project.
Equinix Taps into Open Compute Project to Build Open Source Datacentre Ecosystem- ComputerWeekly.com