This week in Linux news, the Linux Foundation’s new “Essentials of Linux System Administration” with edX is released, future ATMs could run Linux, and more. Keep reading for the latest Linux headlines.
1) A new Linux Foundation course, Essentials of Linux Systems Administration (LFS201), offered on the online edX platform responds to industry demand for Linux talent.
Linux is Becoming a Key Software Skill– Electronics Weekly
2) Next-generation ATM architecture may favor Linux or Android.
3) Microsoft to support the OpenSSH Community.
4) Automotive Grade Linux announces the first in-vehicle infotainment software specification requirements.
5) The next LTS (Long Term Support) version of the Linux kernel will be 4.1, currently in development.