Between Bloomberg's interview with Linux creator Linus Torvalds, and the Node.js Foundation launch, this was a big week for Linux news. Catch up on the top headlines below.
1) Linux Foundation-hosted Node.js Foundation launches, with industry-wide support.
2) Linus Torvalds weighs in on the past, present, and future of Linux.
3) Newly-expanded Linux Foundation Scholarship Program now accepting applications.
4) Google's Chromium snuck proprietary code into the FOSS Debian Linux distro. Debian Project attempts to fix.
5) Let's Encrypt to launch to the public, with first free digital certificates issued next month.