This week in Linux news, Red Hat and Microsoft executives share their thoughts on the evolution of open source, Linux Encoder ransomware is easy to fix, and more! Catch up on the latest and most important Linux headlines.
1) Red Hat and Microsoft executives weigh in on the growing importance of open source.
2) Despite alarm, Linux.Encoder.1 ransomware is easy to fix.
3) Microsoft's "Visual Studio" adds remote debugging of Linux applications using GDB.
4) Linux Foundation launches OpenHPC.
5) CoreOS's Clair security monitoring tool for containers is the latest way to combat Linux security vulnerabilities.