This week in Linux news, UNICEF funds open source technology for children, Canonical announces long-awaited Ubuntu tablet, and more! Stay in touch with the latest Linux and open source news with this digest.
1) UNICEF will award funding to support software projects that are creating or improving technologies designed to help children.
2) Google and Microsoft might be generously helping the open source community, but there are real strategic reasons for their open source projects, too.
3) A report from the Information Technology and Innovation Foundation ranks nations based on the impact their economic and trade policies have on global tech innovation.
4) Canonical has announced its first ever Ubuntu tablet, promising that the device is just a keyboard and mouse away from a full desktop experience.
5) IBM further invests in the race to commercialize blockchain technology in financial markets.
IBM Buys Into Digital Asset Holdings, a Blockchain Tech Company- Security Intelligence