This week in Linux news, Christopher Tozzi reviews the history of Linux to discover its advantage over other projects, a Docker competitor from CoreOS is adopted by major cloud providers, and more. Read on for this week's top Linux stories.
1) Why did Linux succeed while other similar projects did not? An historical investigation of Linux.
Open Source History: Why Did Linux Succeed? - The VAR Guy
2) The AppC container standard - and Docker competitor - from CoreOS is adopted by Google, Red Hat, VMware, and Apcera.
3) A slideshow of Linux security strides over the years.
8 Linux Security Improvements In 8 Years - InformationWeek
4) An overview of Mumblehard malware and how to fend it off.
Mumblehard Malware Mugs Linux Servers - LinuxInsider
5) Red Hat adds new features to RHEL6.x.