This week in Linux and OSS news, the 2018 Toyota Camry infotainment system is powered by Automotive Grade Linux, high severity Sudo vulnerability gets patched, and more! Read on to stay in the open source know.
1) The 2018 Toyota Camry will come loaded with Automotive Grade Linux (AGL) and Entune 3.0.
2) Linux and UNIX program Sudo has revealed a “high severity” vulnerability recently; Linux distros like Red Hat and Debian have pushed patches forward.
3) “[Containers and hypervisors] are beginning to merge,” writes Liam Proven. Here’s what that means for the enterprise.
4) Red Hat’s acquisition of Codenvy “will add additional cloud tools to enable developers to enhance their container-based and cloud applications.”
5) Online-only supermarket Ocado recently announced Kubermesh, an open source package aimed at simplifying data center architectures for “smart factories.”