This week in open source and Linux news, open source Cosmos project is taking over aerospace, EdgeX Foundry IoT project announced this week by The Linux Foundation & more! Read on to keep your open source knowledge current.
1) Open Source Project “Cosmos” is opening up the traditionally proprietary aerospace industry.
2) New EdgeX Foundry IoT project from The Linux Foundation is garnering support from 50 industry heavyweights and counting.
3) Linux/Shishiga malware uses four different protocols and Lua scripts for modularity. Detection engineers are concerned.
New Strain of Linux Malware Could Get Serious– LinuxInsider
4) Canonical’s mobile operating system is shutting down.
5) The Linux Foundation and Free Software Foundation Europe have announced new resources to help with identification and compliance.