This week in Linux and open source news, The Linux Foundation’s Hyperledger Project to help China get greener, an old Linux vulnerability surfaces, and more! Read on to stay in the OSS know!
1) IBM and Energy-Blockchain Labs announced a blockchain-based trading platform for “green assets” that’s based on Hyperledger.
How Blockchain Is Helping China Go Greener– Fox Business
2) “A Linux developer discovered a serious security hole that’s been hiding for years in an out-of-date driver.”
3) Gates’ Radiant Earth Project hopes to “encourage the creation of more open source technologies and innovation that can help ‘solve societies’ most pressing issues.'”
4) Containerd to become a CNCF project
5) “IBM’s public cloud will run Red Hat’s OpenStack and Ceph storage products”
IBM + Red Hat = An Open Source Hybrid Cloud– NetworkWorld