This week in open source and Linux news, EdgeX Foundry is picking up attention among “cloud players,” recently published study finds many security issues in OSS & more! Keep reading, stay in the know.
1) Cloud players are getting serious about Edge Computing and efforts like EdgeX Foundry are a “step in the right direction.”
2) New study finds high number of ubiquitous open source security issues.
Open Source Security Audit ‘Should Be a Wake-Up Call’– ADT Magazine
3) New research comparing acceptance rates of contributions from men and women in an OSS community finds women’s contributions accepted more often than men’s — except when gender is identifiable.
4) The latest version of Linux has been released under the moniker “Fearless Coyote.”
New Features and Fixes in Linux 4.11– SDTimes
5) New white paper by The Linux Foundation seeks to examine how [standards and open source] can live in harmony.
Linux Foundation Zeros in on Harmonizing Open Source, Standards– FierceWireless