The Linux Foundation has released their anticipated annual report for job seekers and hiring managers containing key info on in-demand skills and outlook. More top stories and open source opinion articles in this week’s digest
1) The Linux Foundation’s 2017 Jobs Report (#OSSJobs) has been released and the findings are illuminating for seekers and hiring managers alike.
2) Major blockchain collaboration via Hyperledger intends to strengthen consumer confidence in the global food system
Food Industry Leaders Collaborate with IBM in Blockchain Consortium– Quality Assurance & Food Safety
3) “Microsoft and Red Hat are expanding the parameters of a relationship first struck in 2015, bringing Azure and SQL Server closer to Red Hat’s container orchestration product.”
4) “Green Cities” expansion on popular Cities: Skylines will be released on Linux later in 2017
Cities: Skylines Goes Green with New Expansion– Thumbsticks
5) “An all open source workplace makes the most sense,” writes Bryan Lunduke. Here’s why and how to get started