This week in Linux and open source headlines, Canonical’s Mark Shuttleworth opens up about spawning new opportunities with the interoperability of various areas of OSS, Steven J. Vaughan-Nichols urges the Linux community to roll up their sleeves in 2017, and more! Read on to stay on the forefront of open source news:
1) “When sensors, data, machine learning and the cloud collide, new kinds of opportunity can emerge.”
Open Source Pioneer Mark Shuttleworth Says Smart “Edge’ Devices Spawn Business Models– The Wall Street Journal
2) Linux turned 25 last year– but that doesn’t mean OSS is done proving itself.
3) “Endless is launching its first products designed specifically for the United States.”
4) The Linux Foundation’s Hyperledger Project has formed a new working group to reach out to Chinese members, which make up over a quarter or their base.
5) “AT&T is an open-source software company now — I just have to pinch myself.” said Jim Zemlin at CES.