This week in Linux and open source news, The Linux Foundaiton & edX partnership have helped one million students learn open source for free and on their own schedules. Read the rest of this week’s top open source headlines below!
1) “The Linux Foundation has been able to reach so many students because of its partnership with edX (the non-profit online learning platform from Harvard University and Massachusetts Institute of Technology.)”
2) Linux Foundation NFV project announces verified program to help operators establish entry criteria for their proof of concepts (POCs) and request for proposals (RFPs).
OPNFV Verified Program Aims to Ease NFV Adoption RCRWireless News
3) Sylabs, the company behind the open source Singularity container engine, announced its first commercial product.
4) The Linux Foundation releases speaker list for ELC+OpenIoT North America.
5) “SiFive has opened orders for the Hi-Five Unleashed, a single-board computer using the royalty-free RISC-V ISA.”