We have been preparing for next week for months. From picking the venue to coordinating mini-summits to shifting through the hundreds of talks submitted via the CFP, our events team and I have been focused on August 29-31 and now it’s finally here. We are very close to selling out so if you plan on joining us please register today.
Here’s a quick list of what I’m most looking forward to:
– The kernel panel with Linus, Greg KH, Ted Ts’o and James Bottomley. Fresh from the Kernel Summit, they will surely have lots to talk about.
– The keynote from Rob Chandhok, president of Qualcomm Innovation Center. This is a great treat to hear directly from Rob on the future of mobile computing. Qualcomm is headquartered in San Diego so they are pulling out all the stops to host us in their town.
– Learning about the “Open Source Behind a Tweet” by Chris Aniszczyk, the Open Source Manager at Twitter. Open source has been the foundation of the social media revolution. This will be fun.
– Watching Greg K-H ride a skateboard in our skateboarding lessons on Friday. (The speaker gift is a cool Linux skateboard.)
– Testing my Linux knowledge at our Linux Training Booth. I think I know something about Linux, but I will find out, and maybe win a skateboard. Join us and good luck!
– Thanking our sponsors in person. Our Platinum sponsors IBM, Intel and Qualcomm Innovation Center are open source leaders and true benefactors to all that we do.
If you can’t join us, we’ll miss you, but you can watch the keynotes live streamed. And if you will be in San Diego, reach out and say hi and let me know what you think of the event.