popular development environment for the Python programming language.
Wing IDE provides powerful debugging, editing, code intelligence, and search
capabilities that reduce development and debugging time, cut down on coding
errors, and make it easier to understand and navigate Python code.
New features in Wing IDE 2.0.2 include easier-to-use Zope/Plone integration,
extension of the IDE with Python scripts, CVS integration, code templates
and snippets, expanded text encoding and input method support, speed
optimizations, and more than 70 other improvements.
About Wing IDE
Wing IDE is a software development environment for Python that focuses on
boosting programmer productivity and software maintainability.
Key features of Wing IDE include:
- Module and class-oriented code browser
- Goto-definition, auto-completion, call tips, and source indexing
- Powerful code editor with syntax highlighting, error indicators,
structural folding, auto-indentation, emacs emulation, and much more
- Interactive graphical and command line debugging tools
- Web development with Zope, Plone, CGI, Apache mod_python and other tools
- Extensive support libraries for XML, Web services, and easy access to
a range of internet protocols
- Portable GUI development with PyQt, wxPython, Tkinter, and PyGtk
- Game development with pygame
- Ability to debug remote processes and embedded application scripts
- Multi-file wildcard and regular expression search and replace
- Software project manager
- Code templates/snippets
- Interactive Python command shell
- Many customization options
- English and German localization and unicode support
- Extensible with Python scripts
- CVS integration
- Access to product source code
Wing IDE runs on Windows 98 through XP and Intel Linux (glibc 2.2+).
Mac OS X support is available in beta form. Solaris, *BSD, and other
Posix platforms are supported for customers willing to compile the
product from source code (requires a non-disclosure agreement).
A single-user license for Wing IDE costs $179 US (Professional edition)
and $35 US (Personal edition). Wing IDE Personal omits some of the
features listed above and is for non-commercial use only. The software
is obtained by download but optional CD media is available within the
USA for an additional $30. Each license includes free website and email
support, and free minor release upgrades. Volume discounts and paid
support packages are also available.
A free trial, additional information, and online store are available at
Python is a powerful object oriented programming language that is
developed and maintained by a global community of Open Source
contributors, under the oversight of the Python Software Foundation.
Python’s unique blend of simplicity and power excels in a wide range of
software development tasks, including the construction of web
applications, complex integrated business solutions, and large desktop
applications. Python is often characterized as an agile language that
promotes speedy development and includes a unit-testing framework for
building more robust applications.
Python is a compelling alternative to proprietary development platforms
based on Java, C#, and other languages. Powerful web development
platforms such as Zope, Plone, Webware, and Quixote; GUI
development toolkits wxPython,
PyGTK, and PyQT, and
extensive standard library support for internet services development
and integration make Python an excellent broad-based development
Companies using Python include Google, Microsoft, Industrial Light
& Magic, The New York Stock Exchange, RealNetworks, Philips,
Hewlett Packard, Rackspace, RedHat, NASA, Disney, and AstraZeneca.
Key features of Python include:
- Object orientation, modular name spaces, exceptions, and multi-threading
- High-level dynamic data typing and very late binding
- Powerful support for introspection and meta-classes
- Tight integration with C, C++, and Java modules
- May be compiled to Java byte code for use in any JVM
- String and regular expression processing
- Extensive XML and web services support
- HTTP, FTP, SMTP, POP, IMAP, NNTP, telnet, and other IP protocols
- HTML, MIME, base64, binhex, uuencode, and other internet data handling
- GUI development and multimedia services
- Unit testing, profiling, and documentation generation
- Available third party modules for database access, math, 3D modeling,
image processing, LDAP, WebDAV, jabber, MIDI, and much more
Python runs on Microsoft Windows, Mac OS X, Linux, Unix, OS/2, WinCE,
and many other operating systems. Full source code is available for the
language and associated standard libraries.
P.O. Box 1937
Brookline, MA 02446
Email: sales at wingware.com“