New Version Introduces New Enterprise Grade Features
Austin TX, - November 18, 2009 - Zenoss Inc., a leading commercial open source provider of Unlegacy IT enterprise management products, today announced the general availability of version 2.5 of its commercially licensed Zenoss Enterprise product. This latest version includes several new enterprise-grade scalability features targeted at managing today's datacenter as well as expanded management support for next generation datacenter technologies and platforms that include virtualization and public clouds.
“In the past IT organizations attracted to opensource to meet their enterprise IT operations management needs were faced with the challenges of using tools with no accountable support mechanism,” said David Williams, Research VP Gartner. "However, commercial open source tools have emerged to provide the best of both worlds, a flexible lower cost product, an interactive internet community providing ongoing enhancements and advice and a fully supported licensed product."
The latest Zenoss Enterprise release includes new enterprise-grade features for scalability, reliability, and security such as:
- A redesigned agent-less distributed collector architecture that provides all of the fault-tolerant benefits of an agent-based architecture without the penalties of having to deploy an agent.
- Support for distributed collector non-root installs that make it easy to install Zenoss Enterprise while still being in compliance with corporate security policies.
- Enhanced security features including encrypted passwords used for monitoring devices as well as preventing security vulnerabilities related to SQL injection and cross-site scripting.
- An updated Event Console with a new look and feel that will make it even easier for IT operators to complete their most common tasks. The primary design features were based on a set of usability interviews and include streamlined navigation, inline event filtering and a preview pane.
“These new enterprise-grade features continue to extend the overall robustness of the Zenoss Enterprise product,” said Tijmen van den Brink, MSc, support engineer with Zenoss customer Telindus-ISIT, an international ICT company offering network and storage based solutions, meeting business and public-sector needs. “Zenoss continues to demonstrate that it is capable of delivering unparalleled levels of enterprise scalability and breadth in a single, affordable yet simple operations management product.”
Beyond delivering on enterprise-grade enhancements this latest release also focuses on key next generation data center management features that include:
- New Amazon EC2 monitoring that provides dynamic snapshots of both the individual and collective performance of the instances within an account. Key features also include the ability to immediately track performance without user intervention and to drill deep on performance issues with “inside-the-instance” monitoring.
- VMware Ready support that offers customers the ability to manage both physical and virtual infrastructure through a single pane of glass by delivering certified integration and interoperability with VMware vSphere.
- The monitoring of many new technologies and platforms including SSH-based monitoring for Solaris. This monitoring combined with 40 new community-built ZenPacks adds to the growing list of hundreds of next generation technologies, platforms and management products that Zenoss already integrates and manages.
“Over the last year we have witnessed a significant increase in the adoption of Zenoss Enterprise and the validation of our Unlegacy IT management strategy. The IT management market is changing in favor of commercial open source products like ours. This latest release positions us strongly in the IT enterprise management market with a compelling value proposition for managing both current and next generation physical, virtual and cloud-based IT infrastructures,” said Bill Karpovich CEO of Zenoss Inc.
Zenoss is a leading commercial open source provider of Unlegacy IT enterprise management products. Zenoss Enterprise is a single model-based product that enables organizations to seamlessly manage physical, virtual and cloud based infrastructure with unprecedented power, agility and value. Leveraging a commercial open source model, Zenoss products monitor over one million network and server devices daily and are used in over 25,000 organizations in 180 countries around the world. Commercial customers include leading companies such as Rackspace, VMware, WebMD, LinkedIn, Tyco Electronics, Carlson, Motorola and Deutsche Bank. To learn more about Zenoss' award-winning IT operations management software, visit www.zenoss.com.
For more information:
Cindy Akus for Zenoss