Annapolis, MD - June 2, 2009 - Zenoss Inc., the fastest-growing alternative to the "Big 4" for enterprise network and systems monitoring, today released a new version of its award-winning software, Zenoss Enterprise. The new product release dramatically eases the burden of managing and administering enterprise IT monitoring, providing companies with one product to discover, monitor, alert, and report. The company is backing Zenoss Enterprise implementations with an industry-first guarantee of 50% or more cost savings on licensing, maintenance, and deployment compared to traditional products from HP, IBM, CA, and BMC.*
"Zenoss' customer base continues to grow as HP, IBM, CA and BMC customers say enough is enough," said Bill Karpovich, co-founder and CEO of Zenoss. "Companies are no longer willing to let their IT monitoring requirements be held hostage by vendors imposing exorbitant costs, too much complexity, and multi-product requirements. This marks a new day in enterprise IT monitoring - customers get the functionality, support, and flexibility they demand at a price that makes sense."
"Zenoss Enterprise excels in meeting D & E Communication's IT monitoring needs," said Troy Wingenroth, VP of IT, D & E Communications. "We have significantly reduced our costs and streamlined our monitoring operations with Zenoss' one product to discover, monitor, alert, and report."
The latest version adds several features and enhancements that align with needs of enterprise IT infrastructure monitoring. New features include:
- l Normalization of Metrics Across Heterogeneous Technologies -A single, consistent view of monitoring information across Linux, Unix and Microsoft Windows platforms that simplifies cross-platform management and enterprise reporting.
- l Scalable Secure, Monitoring of Linux/Unix Servers- Easy to deploy, agent-less monitoring for Linux and Unix that doesn't compromise scalability or security
- l Monitoring of Internal or External Web Services-A simple GUI-based configuration able to monitor any cloud-based service
- l VMware vSphere 4 Support- Extended management capabilities for virtualization management, including support for vSphere 4 and the new vCenter Server
- l Expanded Device and Applications Support-Turnkey plug-ins for more than 20 new target technologies include Linux, AIX, Nokia Firewalls and Barracuda Anti-Spam appliances;Zenoss monitors over 100 technologies directly out of the box
- l Simplified Setup and Configuration- Point and click install and configuration wizard guide that greatly reduces setup time and simplifies configuration tasks
Zenoss is able to back its savings guarantee by eliminating up-front licensing costs and reducing the time and effort required to deploy and maintain the software. Zenoss customers benefit from lower costs and can more quickly respond to the needs of their customers and end users.
For more information concerning Zenoss Enterprise and the cost savings guarantee, please go to http://www.zenoss.com/.
Zenoss is the fastest-growing alternative to the Big 4 for enterprise network and systems monitoring. The company backs Zenoss Enterprise implementations with a 50% or more cost savings guarantee on licensing, maintenance, and deployment compared to traditional products from HP, IBM, CA, and BMC. Hundreds of enterprises rely on Zenoss software to dramatically ease the burden of managing and administering enterprise IT monitoring, providing companies with one product to discover, monitor, alert, and report. To learn more about Zenoss' award-winning enterprise open source network monitoring software, visit http://www.zenoss.com/.
*For more information concerning cost-savings guarantee qualifications and pricing assumptions, please see www.zenoss.com.